Message from the VP of Fundraising, Kwana Nicholas
Dear Chorus Families,
I am so excited to begin fundraiser for the upcoming year. Things you do all year to help raise funds, to keep our chorus costs reasonable, are:
Amazon Smile: https://smile.amazon.com/ Charity Name: Cosby High School Choral Boosters
iGive: https://www.igive.com/welcome/lp16/cr64a.cfm Cause Name: Cosby Chorus
Please see the attachments for other ways to raise funds, without spending any extra money out of pocket, such as Shoparoo, and SCRIP.
Have you considered Company Match? If you are a business owner, we have Ad Agreements and Sponsorship Agreements as well. We also accept in-kind products. Please feel free to reach out to me at any time if you have a fundraising idea. I look forward to working with your families to make this the best year yet.
VP of Fundraising
Cosby Choral Families,
This year we are excited to be partnering with a fun, free, and truly easy fundraiser called Shoparoo! Schools nationwide are already earning hundreds and even thousands every year through Shoparoo, and it’s a great opportunity for us to really make a difference this year!
Shoparoo is school fundraising made easy: the free app turns pictures of your everyday shopping receipts into cash donations and sweepstakes entries for our school! Yep, it’s that simple. All you have to do is shop as you normally do and snap pictures of your receipts with the app.
Get started today:
- Download the free Shoparoo app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- Select Signup/Join and enter your email and the following referral code: Druy6504
- Support Cosby will pop up and you should select join. The app will ask you to enter your first and last name. You can choose to do this or enter your initials like I did. You could also choose a nickname if you like.
- Start taking pictures of your receipts – shop anywhere, buy anything! All receipts must be entered within 14 days of purchase.
- Earn, even more, Roo Points (cash donations) by inviting others to join using your personal referral code or the one listed above. Each referral earns our group an extra 150 bonus points.
There’s no limit to how much money we can raise with Shoparoo – the more supporters, the more we will raise for our school. Check out shoparoo.com to learn more about this awesome app!
**Shoparoo only allows one account per household, and anyone within that household can submit receipts through a single account.
If you have any questions about this program, please feel free to email me.
Thank you for your support!
Cosby Choral Booster President
What types of receipts count?
Grocery Retailer’s – Roo Points (cash donations) – Accept up to 20 receipts in a 7 day rolling period
– Your receipts from any type of Grocery stores, Super centers, Club stores, Toy Stores, Convenience stores, Dollar stores, Liquor stores, Gas Stations (for non-gas purchases), Drug stores, Beauty Stores, Health Stores & Pet supply stores earn Roo Points (cash donations) for us.
Other Retailer’s – Entries Into Sweepstakes – Accept up to 70 receipts in a 7 day rolling period
Your receipts from any type of Restaurants, Department store, Sports store, Home improvement, Office supply store, Cafes & Book store, Arts & crafts store, Electronics store earn us entries into a monthly $1,000 sweepstakes and the annual sweepstakes of up to $15,000!
Receipts Not Accepted:
Gas only receipts, service receipts and movie tickets
How Roo Points are awarded:
Receipt Total Reward
Less than $10 10 Roo Points
$10 – $50 20 Roo Points
$50 – $100 30 Roo Points
More than $100 40 Roo Points
How can Shoparoo afford to make these donations? Is it a scam?
Shoparoo was created by former teachers and retail industry executives who found a cool way of matching schools’ need for financial support with major brands’ need for market research. Big companies pay Shoparoo for these reports, and that’s how they are able to pass these earnings on to schools.
Where does the information from the receipts go? Is Shoparoo safe?
Shoparoo is 100% safe. The information from all Shoparoo users’ receipts is made completely anonymous and used in market research reports. Shoparoo does not request personal information such as credit card numbers or phone numbers. (Retailer receipts already mask this information.) You can mark out your name, last 4 digits of your credit card and rewards numbers that are printed on your receipt before your take a photo.